Enersource Customer Charter
Who are our Customers?
Enersource exists because of you, our customers. You are our families, friends, neighbours and co-workers. You are members of our community and the large and small businesses that we rely on. We want you to know that you can depend on Enersource to deliver electricity and energy solutions in a manner that is safe, reliable and sustainable.
Enersource’s vision is to be a leading energy solutions provider not only through the services we provide, but the way we provide them: with integrity and respect, and in a timely manner. As part of our ongoing commitment to you, we are introducing the Enersource Customer Charter.
What is the Enersource Customer Charter?
The Enersource Customer Charter is a formal document that sets out our commitment to you. It summarizes our customer service standards and responsibilities, and provides you with a clear understanding of what you can expect from Enersource.
Why does Enersource have a Customer Charter?
As our valued customer, we want to make sure you have the information you need, at your fingertips. The Enersource Customer Charter provides you with the facts regarding your rights and our obligations as they relate to your electricity supply and other Enersource services. Whether it is your home or business, you can use the Charter as a reliable reference so that you know what to expect from our organization.
Our goal is to ensure your interaction with Enersource is a positive one and that you are treated fairly, professionally and with respect by our knowledgeable staff. Building good relationships with our customers is one of the most important things we can do as an organization.
Customer Satisfaction and Service Quality
In the course of delivering energy and energy solutions to you, we understand that our success hinges on you being completely satisfied with our performance and services. Our courteous and professional customer service representatives are happy to answer your questions and address any concerns you might have. (further explanation)
We strive to serve you in a prompt and helpful way. We can be reached by phone (905-273-7425), fax (905-566-2737), web form, Facebook and Twitter @EnersourceNews (Insert twitter address). We strive to address your questions or concerns upon initial contact, whenever possible. (further explanation)
From our internal procedures to our community education efforts, Enersource has become a recognized leader in Mississauga and is among the safest and most reliable electricity providers in Ontario. We cultivate a positive and safe environment. Public and workplace safety is the top priority for all of our employees.
‘Safety First’ is displayed on Enersource office walls, trucks and other company equipment. Those two words are more than a motto for our staff; they are a way of life. We have taken a number of steps both within Enersource and out in the community, to promote safety and protect us all. (further explanation)
Innovation and a never-ending quest to promote best practices help Enersource operate one of the most reliable distribution systems in Ontario. If a planned outage is required in order to perform necessary electrical distribution system maintenance, we notify our customers in advance in order to minimize any inconvenience. However, on occasion there are circumstances beyond our control that can cause interruptions without warning. Should this occur, we explain issues affecting your electricity supply and outline our efforts to improve the delivery of electricity to your home or place of business. (further explanation)
Conservation and the Environment
Enersource proudly supports the Ontario Government’s mandate to deliver electricity Conservation and Demand Management. We seek every opportunity to work with residential and commercial customers to help reduce their electricity consumption. This, in turn, makes for lower electricity bills and at the same time, has a positive impact on the environment. We also provide the connection process for renewable generation. Conservation and Demand Management empowers customers and make our community a cleaner place to live, today and for future generations.
Enersource’s recognition that each of our customers is unique is reflected in our commitment to full accessibility for all customers including those with specific challenges. We are working to remove barriers to our services and facilities and will continue to ensure accessibility issues are addressed in a sensitive, meaningful way. At Enersource, we understand that in order to promote equality, we must promote accessibility.
To view our Accessibility Policy and Five-Year Plan, please visit:
Enersource Accessibility Policy
Customer Satisfaction and Service Quality (expanded)
We are committed to listening to your concerns and answering your questions the first time you contact us, or in an otherwise timely manner. For example:
- Bill accuracy is very important to Enersource. If you feel your bill is incorrect or if you don’t understand portions of your bill, you have the right to a detailed explanation by one of our professionals. Simply call us at 905-273-7425 (link to bill explanation – Res) (link to bill explanation – CI).
- If you disagree with your recorded electricity usage, you have the right to dispute the accuracy of your electricity meter. To file a complaint, contact your local Measurement Canada Office or visit on-line at www.ic.gc.ca.
- We keep you informed regarding outages that may affect you, help you understand why power outages occur and explain what we do to minimize their impact. (link to outage map)
- When you request new service, you will be connected within five business days for requirements less than 750 volt services, and less than 10 days for over 750 volt service.
- If you are moving to a location currently connected to our system, we will maintain existing service without interruption while you contact us to set up your new account.
- If you are an existing customer and are moving locations within Mississauga, you can switch your service location information through our website or by calling us during business hours at 905-273-7425.
- We have an excellent record of meeting customer appointments in a timely manner. In the unlikely event we miss an appointment we contact our customers within one business day to reschedule.
- Should service disconnection for non-payment be required, we attempt to:
- Negotiate a partial payment to help you maintain your service
- Establish an equal billing/budget payment plan
- Put you in touch with the appropriate community assistance provider
- Ensure reconnection upon appropriate payment within one to two business days.
- As part of our focus on providing great customer service, Enersource conducts customer surveys on a regular basis. Hearing from you helps us gather vital information that is considered in our ongoing efforts to serve you better.
- Our customer performance levels are measured through a Scorecard This helps Enersource identify where we can do better. Our efforts toward customer service excellence are ongoing.
- The Ontario Energy Board is mandated by the Government of Ontario to ensure local electricity distributors including Enersource, produce its own Conditions of Service document. The purpose of this document, which is readily available to the public, is to communicate the types and level of service available to customers. It also details customer obligations.
You can reach us in any of the following ways:
- To report a power outage, forms can be completed HERE. We investigate outages immediately and keep customers updated through our on-line outage map.
- For a change of address and other services, forms can be accessed from our website. We typically respond within two business days. See our Contact Us and 24/7 Customer Self-Serve.
- For billing or other inquiries, our customer service representatives are available 24/7 at 905-273-7425 and strive to answer calls within 30 seconds. Please note there are some restrictions on services available outside of regular business hours (8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.).
- Our main switchboard at 905-273-7425 is available during regular business hours.
- For non-time sensitive inquiries, you have the option to contact us by fax at 905-566-2737.
- Follow us on Twitter @EnersourceNews or find us on Facebook. We post news that may be of interest to our customers as well as updates on major power outages on our system.
Your feedback helps us provide the best possible service to customers. We conduct regular customer surveys as well, and welcome your input. web-forms link
Because safety is our top priority, we:
- Monitor and inspect the electrical system and repair or replace equipment identified as being unsafe or unreliable.
- Have emergency response crews available 24/7 to respond immediately to unsafe electrical situations.
- Require you to ‘Call Before You Dig’. Website and 1-800-400-2255) This will help avoid personal injury, damage to your property or to Enersource equipment which will affect electricity supply to you and others. This requirement is in accordance with provincial law.
- Encourage you to report potential electrical hazards on our website HERE.
- Are committed to educating the public about electrical safety through various programs such as E-SMART Kids and MySafeWork.
- Have won awards for consecutive hours of work without Lost Time Injuries.
When planned interruptions are necessary in order to perform electricity system maintenance or improvements, Enersource does the following:
- Provide two business days of advance written notice for residential outages extending longer than 15 minutes.
- Provide three business days of advance written notice for industrial or commercial outages extending longer than 15 minutes.
- For all outages lasting less than 15 minutes, we knock on your door to explain the need for the brief outage and allow you the opportunity to shut off any electronic devices.
On occasion, there are circumstances beyond our control that can cause power outages. These include weather conditions, wildlife, contamination, trees, vandalism and vehicle accidents. To minimize the impact of these incidents, we:
- Keep customers updated through our on-line outage map.
- Operate a 24/7 Control Centre that monitors the electrical grid and dispatches crews.
- Ensure emergency response crews are available 24/7 to work through severe weather conditions to restore power (as long as it is safe to do so).
- Execute a number of pro-active maintenance programs such as animal abatement, tree trimming and power washing to remove debris from power lines.
- Identify infrastructure that is either under-performing or has reached end of life. This allows us to develop a long term plan also known as the Distribution System Plan that maximizes the value of new investments in the system. Your input into this plan is welcome. We all have a stake in the future of the electrical system in the City of Mississauga.