Complete 2013 Annual Report
Achievements – 2013
- Delivered safe, reliable electricity services to our 200,000 residential and commercial customers.
- Connected 2,500 new customers to our system including 1,200 Individual Suite Meters.
- Maintained world-class reliability numbers:
- System Average Interruption Duration Index: 36.28 minutes
- System Average Interruption Frequency Index: 1.41
- Customer Average Interruption Duration Index: 25.77.
- Began or completed construction on 8 major underground rebuilds and 4 major overhead rebuilds.
Conservation and Demand Management
- Achieved an estimated 30,044.89 MWh in energy savings through conservation. Reached 50% of our demand conservation target and 80% of our energy conservation target (targets due by end of 2014).
- Promoted community conservation through Ontario Power Authority programming.
- Continued to help Mississauga businesses find greater efficiencies through the Small Business Lighting program.
- Launched the Green Family Challenge to promote residential conservation.
- Facilitated the process to bring nearly 7 MW to the system through 27 connected FIT projects and 189 connected MicroFIT projects.
Corporate Social Responsibility & Communications
- Assisted neighbouring jurisdictions in restoration of power after major weather-related events.
- Worked with employees to raise over $25,000 in donations for United Way Peel Region.
- Continued working with Credit Valley Conservation.
- Supported Toys for Tots at the Mississauga Santa Claus Parade.
- Developed partnership with Ecosource and helped plant sustainable community garden.
- Provided $25,000 to Heart House Hospice.
- Continued to sponsor the Enersource Got Skates? Program, which teaches kids how to skate.
- Participated in graffiti cleanup initiatives organized by the City.
- Sponsored the University of Toronto’s Show Me the Green Sustainability Conference and Competition.
- Donated a bucket truck to Conestoga College.
- Increased social media presence with Twitter followers increasing four-fold over the previous year.
- Reached 1.5 million hours worked without a lost-time injury.
- Began conversion of all Mississauga street lights to LED technology.
- Worked with Metrolinx to support Mississauga’s transit initiatives.
- Continued to work on development of Individual Suite Metering market.